Saturday, May 8, 2010

Knoxville, TN - Part 1

I drove ~ 9 hours yesterday. I was on track for a 7 hr drive but got hung up in Cincinnati during rush hour, then again in Lexington when I exited to use the bathroom. I had a 50/50 chance of turning in the right direction ... not surprised I chose wrong and found myself in gridlock at a terrible intersection - Man-O-War Drive. The congestion there makes Mentor seem like a farm town. I waited 40 min. to get through a light! UGH!

I had company on my trip! My girl KT called as I was leaving Cinci and we had a nice long talk. Loved the company! Later, my high school buddy, Tom, called to talk and he got me through much of Tennessee, before the mountains dropped our Skype call. Again, great company. Finally, Steve checked in and brought me almost right to my hotel. Had to eject to navigate the street turns but I was happy for the company. The drive was good! Pretty therapeutic, and allowed me to contemplate life, triathlon, and visualize my race.

So I'm here. I slept GREAT last night!!! I awoke at 8:30 to pee and said, WTH, back to bed for another 2 hrs. I'm presently caffeinating and ready to head over to the World Fair Center for bike check in and packet pick up. I'm excited to see the energy that will be there! Look for another post later ...

Peace out!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Tiff at Knowxville. Say hit to Janet for me.

    I stayed at a hotel on Man-O-War.....yeah it's a busy area.

    ReplyDelete