Monday, September 5, 2011

Sights on days beyond 9/11/2011

Given the sadness I'm facing with pulling out of Rev3 full,  I thought I'd try to focus on what's ahead for me. I'm definitely a goal-oriented athlete and find it hard to train without a goal. Honestly, it's IMPOSSIBLE to train without a goal! Why bother??  ;-)  I know a lot of you can go for a run, a ride or a swim "just because" ... and I wish I was programmed that way. But I'm not, so let the re-focus begin:

Sept. 18 Portage Lakes Olympic Triathlon (tentative at this point)
Oct. 16 Columbus Marathon
March 17 St. Malachi 5 miler
April 14 Tough Mudder with CTC peeps
April 21 Dakota's Dream Run 10K (tentative - working to create this race!!)
April 28 Hermes 10 miler
May 20 Cleveland Marathon
July 15 Musselman Triathlon (70.3)
July 28-20 Burning River 100 miler
Nov. 3 IMFL (tentative, assuming I can get a general entry spot)

This is plenty to focus on. This gives me some long term goals that I can plan for. I will also reassess the credit load I'm carrying ... It may just be too much for me, or, I may find it manageable, as I get used to the courses and build the classes. It may just be NOW that is so overwhelming, but once I get used to it, it could be totally manageable. Time will tell. All I know is that I WILL make my racing calendar a priority. It affects all that I am and all of my relationships. Having no clear direction is not good for me mentally and emotionally. So, I'll be reassessing my options as I focus on the above tentative schedule.  I suppose it's not the end of the world ... worse things can certainly happen. I will work hard to put this into perspective and move forward with positivity, resist the urge to wallow in sadness and self-pity.  I know that a reality check is all that I need right now. I will work hard to embrace my mantras: "An attitude of gratitude" and "I want to be amazing!".  Pulling out doesn't negate my accomplishments or even any of the training I did over the summer. While this season was disappointing, I still DID PR at Musselman, and podium finished a few local races. Time for an attitude adjustment!! :)

Thanks for all of your support! It really means a lot to me!!
Hugs!
Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment